Needed: Temporary Laboratory Technician
We are seeking a temporary Laboratory Technician (1000 hours) to work on a project focused on wound healing. Candidates must be comfortable working with mice, able to learn quickly and work independently once trained. An experienced postdoctoral researcher will provide training, supervision and assistance as needed. The work will primarily include: (i) animal surgeries, (ii) cell culture, (iii) flow cytometry, (iv) histology/ immunohistochemistry and (v) quantitative real-time PCR. The individual will also assist with additional cellular and molecular biology experiments as needed.
• BS/BA in a related science; or a comparable combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of the techniques and methods described in the job summary.
• Willingness to perform animal surgeries.
• Excellent work ethic, careful attention to detail and adherence to protocols.
• One or more years of recent, directly related laboratory work experience following degree completion.
• Experience preforming techniques described in the job summary.
• Experience working with animals.
josette.northcott AT ucsf.edu